Sunday August 6, 2017
Featuring Sprint & Standard distances with individual & relay options, duathlon and Vancouver Island’s only Aquabike!
SPRINT TRIATHLON 750m Swim, 20k Bike, 5k Run
STANDARD TRIATHLON 1,500m Swim, 40k Bike, 10K Run
AQUABIKE 1,500m Swim and 40K Bike
DUATHLON 5k Run, 40k Bike, 10K Run
Honoring some of the traditions of the former event that took place at this venue for 37 years, we will keep the course and, of course, the post-race pancake breakfast!
- Start/Finish at Hamsterly Beach
- Victoria’s most well-known swimming lake
- Swim in beautiful Elk Lake on the 2XU Swim Course
- Cycle on the Saanich peninsula on the TREK Victoria Bike Course
- Enjoy running on the Elk Lake trails on the Limitless Training Run Course
- Relay options for Sprint & Standard distances
- Transition for the event will be near the main parking lot just meters from the water’s edge
- Located 15k from downtown Victoria
- Race morning bike check-in
- Tradition of pancake breakfast continues, included with registration. (Spectators may purchase breakfast tickets race morning)
Included in your registration:
- High quality tech shirt
- Silicone swim cap
- Safe, professionally controlled course
- Chip timing
- Custom finishers medal
- Post-race pancake breakfast
A portion of each entry is donated to one of our two charity partners, Help Fill A Dream and Headway Victoria Epilepsy & Parkinson’s Centre, you can make an extra donation to either of these two amazing charities at the time of registration. Click to read more about Help Fill A Dream and Headway Victoria.
- Located on the grass next to the main parking lot
- Securely fenced
- Bike check in race morning
- Bike racks assigned by Age Group and bib number
TRANSITION MAP – Coming Soon
2XU SWIM COURSE
Sprint – one 750m clockwise loop
Standard & Aquabike– 1,500m Swim
- One clockwise loop
- Expected water temperature is 19 – 22 degrees
- If above 22 degrees a non-wetsuit wave option will be available race morning.
- Wetsuit strippers
- Lifeguards, Kayak and SUP Support on course
- Swim waves TBA
Duathlon First Leg – 5 Km Run
TREK BICYCLES VICTORIA BIKE COURSE
Sprint Bike – 20k
Standard/Duathlon/Aquabike – 40k
- Both distances feature a rolling out and back course
- Certified traffic control and course marshals
LIMITLESS TRAINING RUN COURSE
SPRINT course is a 2.5k
STANDARD & DUATHLON course is a 10k
- The sprint course is an out and back. Runners run south towards the rowing club and out to the Sprint turnaround
- The Standard and Duathlon course is a counter clockwise loop of the lake
- Pancakes and fruit will be served post-race by the Central Saanich Lions Club
- Triathlon awards 1,2,3 in each category and based on 5 year age groups
- Duathlon will be in 10 year age groups
- Draw prizes from Trek Bicycles Victoria, 2XU, Limitless Fitness and other local partners
Friday August 4th
3pm – 6pm Package pick up Trek Bicycles Victoria 338 Catherine St.
Saturday August 5th
12pm – 5pm Package pick up Hamsterly Beach, Elk Lake
2pm Pre-race meeting and site walk through Hamsterly Beach, Elk Lake
Sunday August 6th
5:30am Athlete check in for timing band and into transition
6am TREK Bicycles onsite for mechanical
6:45am Transition Closes
7am Standard & Aquabike Swim Start – Duathlon Start
7:05 Sprint wave
8:10am Swim Course closes
9:30am Pancake Breakfast is served
10:30am Awards starting with the Sprint race
11am Final Finisher
11:30 Breakfast closes
12pm Transition is closed – ALL BIKES REMOVED
Where is Elk Lake?
Situated just 15km from the Inner Harbour of Victoria, BC, Elk Lake is a popular lake for peninsula residents for swimming, rowing and other water sports. Surrounded by the Elk lake trail the area offers an amazing venue for our race.
Elk Lake is just less than 20km south of Swartz Bay ferry terminal and just off the Pat Bay Highway which runs north/south from the ferry terminal to downtown Victoria.
Looking to extend your stay?
2017 RACE RESULTS
Timing will be provided by Sportstats with results posted on their website.
2XU Swim Course
TREK Victoria Bike Course
Limitless Training Run Course